Scope of work
Mr Wharton offers:-
- Notes and imaging reviews
- Musculoskeletal trauma assessments in the generality of orthopaedic trauma
- Sub-specialist assessments in Hand and Wrist personal injury
- Whiplash/WAD and soft tissue assessment (Medco registered IME 8959)
As a Trauma Consultant he deals with operative management of all extremity fractures, and non operative care of spinal injuries. Mr Wharton’s elective clinical practice is exclusively hand, wrist and upper limb pathology and so he additionally prepares sub-specialist medical reports in this area. Mr Wharton is also Medco registered and has completed relevant whiplash assessment training.
His expert witness practice is exclusively personal injury reports, and he does not currently undertake clinical negligence work. He receives instruction from both defendant and claimant solicitors, single joint expert reporting and receives instructions through agencies or direct contact.
Mr Wharton has a sub-specialist hand and wrist practice treating hand injuries, sequalae of hand and wrist trauma following both operative and non operative care, nerve injury and nerve compression, tendinopathy and degenerative conditions of the hand and wrist. He performs tendon transfer surgeries for chronic tendon injury, as well as wrist arthroscopy and wrist ligament reconstruction including open techniques using tendon grafts including for post traumatic arthritis.
The following are offered as standard:-
- Accident history
- Pre-accident history and complaints
- Patient reported outcome measures and comment regarding reasonableness
- Condition and Prognosis reporting
- Disability consideration (Equalities Act 2010)
- Declarations and Statement of Truth